2019 WASEAFOOD APPRENTICE COMPETITION – T & C’s
Terms & Conditions:
1.The promoter is: Western Australian Fishing Industry Council (WAFIC) (company no. 36 814 383 345) whose registered office is at Level 1, 56 Marine Terrace Fremantle.
2.The competition is open to apprentices of Western Australia aged 16 years or over except employees of WAFIC and their close relatives, and judges of the competition.
3.There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4.By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6.Only one entry will be accepted per WA apprentice. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7.Closing date for entry will be 1200 on 31st May 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8.No responsibility can be accepted by the promoter or its employees for entries not received for whatever reason.
9.The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Calling all passionate apprentices working in the Western Australian food industry, we encourage you to enter the 2019 ‘WASEAFOOD apprentice’ Cooking Competition.
One lucky apprentice will win a set of fish filleting knives, worth $250, along with training from our WA Seafood Ambassador, Don Hancey, in conjunction with a seafood retailer.
The competition is simple:
Step 1: You design a dish (using a WA seafood species). Note special consideration will be given to those who use a lesser known species.
Step 2: Get your dish on your restaurant’s menu as a ‘special’ (It could be a day, a week, an event, or a month – as long as it’s on there).
Step 3: Upload a photo of your dish and the menu to your preferred social media platform (Facebook or Instagram) with a description of your dish.
Step 4: Make sure you @tag the following – @waseafood; @yourseafoodretailer; @yourrestaurant; @yourseafoodwholesaler; @buywesteatbest
Apprentices can cook with ANY type of WA seafood species for the competition but are encouraged to cook with a lesser known WA species such as sardines, herring, mullet etc. Apprentices are to note that there will be special consideration given to apprentices using a ‘lesser known species’
10 The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: A set of fish filleting knives, valued at $250, along with training from our WA Seafood Ambassador, Don Hancey, WAFIC and retailer stall member. The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
13. The winner will be notified by Direct Message on Facebook and or Instagram. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is to be delivered.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australia’s data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. HTTP://WWW.WAFIC.ORG.AU/PRIVACY-POLICY/The entrant must have liked WAFIC on Facebook and or Instagram in order to enter.
22. WAFIC shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
23. WAFIC also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Filleting knives worth up to the value of $250.
- Seafood training session with WA seafood ambassador Don Hancey
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- WAFIC will choose the top 3 dishes based on amount of most ‘likes’ on the Instagram/ Facebook post
- Final winner will be selected by a panel of judges (to be decided) on features including:
- Presentation (score out of 20);
- Creativity (score out of 20);
- Information and seafood labelling (score out of 20); &
- Value and Experience (score out of 20).
- Species (score out of 20) – note there will be special consideration given to apprentices using a ‘lesser known species’