Delivering Excellent Customer Service Reaps Rewards for Endeavour Foods
The growth, innovation and excellence of Endeavour Foods was last night recognised when they won the Seafood Business (Large) Award, sponsored by Francis A Jones, at the 2019 Western Australian Seafood Industry Awards.
The Awards event, recognising excellence in the WA seafood industry, was held at The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle and opened by the Minister for Fisheries, the Hon. Dave Kelly MLA, in front of an audience of industry participants and representatives of various stakeholder groups.
Customer Services Manager, Sophie Sharland said Endeavour Foods, the brainchild of Director John Sharland, was born after many years fishing in the United Kingdom and having a strong appreciation for the excellent quality seafood available in Australia.
“Through innovation, marketing and good customer service, the business has grown over eighteen years from four staff servicing fifty customers to thirty staff servicing over 800 customers today.”
“More recent additions to our service offerings in order to meet recent customer demand, include increasing our operating hours (now operating 4am-9pm, five days per week), providing a delivery service on Saturdays, employing a Busselton based manager and providing a delivery service to the South West region three days per week. We are committed to meeting our customers’ requirements,” she said.
WA Fishing Industry Council (WAFIC) Chair, Dr Ron Edwards, said Endeavour Foods, as a seafood business employing ten or more full time staff involved in any segment of the supply chain, has demonstrated business growth, innovation, excellence in product, service and marketing. Additionally, they have also contributed substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry.
“A strong desire to meet customer expectations and improve the business strategy in alignment with the changing food service industry has stood Endeavour Foods in good stead to ensure the company continues to achieve sustained growth and increased its turnover year after year. It has also grown its customer base through providing products and service that consistently meets expectation for quality,” said Dr Ron Edwards.
“As an industry body, we recognise the importance of acknowledging those individuals and organisations who make a substantial contribution to benefiting our industry, and Endeavour Foods are certainly incredibly worthy of this Award,” Dr Edwards concluded.
For further information regarding the awards, please contact:
WAFIC office: (08) 9432 7777
Dr Ron Edwards
WAFIC office: (08) 9432 7777
Mobile: 0408 925 805
Mobile: 0419 622 509
Office: 9435 3777
About the Seafood Business (Large) Award
Presented to a seafood business employing the equivalent of ten or more full time staff involved in any segment of the supply chain that has demonstrated business growth, innovation, excellence in product, service and marketing, and that has contributed substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry.
- has achieved sustained growth over many years
- produces products and services that consistently meet customer expectations
- continually improves the delivery and marketing of its products and services to its customers
- contributes substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry
About the Awards Event
- The event is supported by a number of sponsors including; National Australia Bank (Gold event sponsor), Fisheries Research & Development Corporation (Silver event sponsor) and Western Rock Lobster Council (Silver event sponsor) as well as sponsors for each of the individual awards, including Austral Fisheries, Bailey’s Marine Fuels, Baker Refrigeration, Bendotti Exporters, Geraldton Fisherman’s Cooperative, ConocoPhillips Australia, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development WA, Endeavour Foods, Francis A Jones, INPEX, Mareterram, MG Kailis Group, Santos and Woodside.
- Award event attendees enjoyed an array of fresh, local and sustainably caught Western Australian seafood prepared by celebrity chefs and kindly donated by sponsors including; Austral Fisheries, BellBuoy Seafoods, Bendotti Exporters, Blom Fishing, Brown Dog Fishing Co, Cone Bay Barramundi, Endeavour Foods, Fins Seafood, Larner’s Oysters, Leeman Fish & Chips, Mendolia Seafoods, MG Kailis Group, Ocean Grown Abalone, Ocean Wild Tuna, Paspaley Pearling Company, Running Wild Fishing Co, Shark Bay Cockles, Shark Bay Seafoods, West Australian Octopus all served in compostable packaging provided by Ward Packaging.
- Highly regarded “celebrity”’ seafood chefs cooked at the event including; Gurpreet Bagga (Sauma Northbridge), Naomi Bulner (Steve’s Fine Food), Neil Forbes (Black Pearl Oyster Shucking), Don Hancey (WA Food Ambassador & WAFIC Seafood Ambassador), Gord Kahle (Cook & Mason), Stuart Laws (Showcase Events WA), Kenny McHardy (Manuka Woodfire Kitchen), Brendan Pang (2018 Masterchef Contestant), Melissa Palinkas (Young George), Alejandro Saravia (Uma), and Nic Wood (Santini Bar & Grill).
- The event was held on Thursday 25 July 2019 at Fremantle’s Esplanade Hotel.