Fins Seafood Factory Sails in for an Award Win
The growth, innovation and excellence of Fins Seafood Factory was last night recognised when they won the Seafood Business (Small) Award, sponsored by Bailey’s Marine Fuels, at the 2019 Western Australian Seafood Industry Awards.
The Awards event, recognising excellence in the WA seafood industry, was held at The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle and opened by the Minister for Fisheries, the Hon. Dave Kelly MLA, in front of an audience of industry participants and representatives of various stakeholder groups.
WA Fishing Industry Council (WAFIC) Chair Dr Ron Edwards, said Fins Seafood Factory, as a seafood business involved in any segment of the supply chain and employing less than ten full time staff, has demonstrated business growth. Additionally, the company has also contributed substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry through innovation, excellence in product, service and marketing.
“With “Reel Fish. Real Passion” as a market positioning statement, Fins Seafood are certainly changing the seafood supply scene in WA, with many retail and restaurant customers describing Fins as the most exciting new seafood business in Australia. Fins aim to connect consumers with fishermen direct, offering premium seafood in a reliable, passionate and transparent way.”
“Owners John Cordin and Phillip Clarks’ passion for seafood has paid dividends as they have doubled their product turnover and profitability in the five years since commencing operation. Fins Seafood Factory has successfully adapted to market challenges in product promotion through innovation, such as the use of fish tags, which allow traceability and transparency of seafood products as well as assisting producers with seafood brand development and restaurateurs with staff training.”
“As an industry body, we recognise the importance of acknowledging those individuals and organisations who make a substantial contribution to benefiting our industry. Fins Seafood Factory are certainly incredibly worthy of this Award,” Dr Edwards concluded.
For further information regarding the awards, please contact:
WAFIC office: (08) 9432 7777
Dr Ron Edwards
WAFIC office: (08) 9432 7777
Mobile: 0408 925 805
Fins Seafood Factory
Phone: 9433 3453
Mobile: 0449 559 095
About the Seafood Business (Small) Award
Presented to a seafood business employing less than the equivalent of ten full time staff involved in any segment of the supply chain that has demonstrated business growth, innovation, excellence in product, service and marketing, and that has contributed substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry.
- has achieved sustained growth over many years
- continually improves the delivery and marketing of its products and services to its customers
- produces products and services that consistently meet customer expectations
- contributes substantially towards a positive public profile for the seafood industry
About the Awards Event
- The event is supported by a number of sponsors including; National Australia Bank (Gold event sponsor), Fisheries Research & Development Corporation (Silver event sponsor) and Western Rock Lobster Council (Silver event sponsor) as well as sponsors for each of the individual awards, including Austral Fisheries, Bailey’s Marine Fuels, Baker Refrigeration, Bendotti Exporters, Geraldton Fisherman’s Cooperative, ConocoPhillips Australia, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development WA, Endeavour Foods, Francis A Jones, INPEX, Mareterram, MG Kailis Group, Santos and Woodside.
- Award event attendees enjoyed an array of fresh, local and sustainably caught Western Australian seafood prepared by celebrity chefs and kindly donated by sponsors including; Austral Fisheries, BellBuoy Seafoods, Bendotti Exporters, Blom Fishing, Brown Dog Fishing Co, Cone Bay Barramundi, Endeavour Foods, Fins Seafood, Larner’s Oysters, Leeman Fish & Chips, Mendolia Seafoods, MG Kailis Group, Ocean Grown Abalone, Ocean Wild Tuna, Paspaley Pearling Company, Running Wild Fishing Co, Shark Bay Cockles, Shark Bay Seafoods, West Australian Octopus all served in compostable packaging provided by Ward Packaging.
- Highly regarded “celebrity”’ seafood chefs cooked at the event including; Gurpreet Bagga (Sauma Northbridge), Naomi Bulner (Steve’s Fine Food), Neil Forbes (Black Pearl Oyster Shucking), Don Hancey (WA Food Ambassador & WAFIC Seafood Ambassador), Gord Kahle (Cook & Mason), Stuart Laws (Showcase Events WA), Kenny McHardy (Manuka Woodfire Kitchen), Brendan Pang (2018 Masterchef Contestant), Melissa Palinkas (Young George), Alejandro Saravia (Uma), and Nic Wood (Santini Bar & Grill).
- The event was held on Thursday 25 July 2019 at Fremantle’s Esplanade Hotel.