Inspiring Women: WISA Webinar series
In honour of International Women’s Day 2022, WISA will host a lunchtime webinar series throughout March, diving into conversation with women from seafood and the agriculture community in Australia.
The WISA team will be chatting all things seafood and women including taboo topics, sharing secrets of success (& failure), and what it’s like to become a leader.
Topics, dates and registration details are below. Hope you can join us.
- Tuesday, March 8, 1-2pm AEDT – On International Women’s Day, Dr Kirsten Abernethy will launch WISA’s foundational research ‘Women of the Australian seafood industry’. Register here.
- Friday, March 11, 1-2pm AEDT – An inspiring speaker, Alana Johnson is recognized for work in gender equality, community activism, and is a pioneer in women’s leadership. Register here.
- Tuesday, March 15, 1-2pm AEDT – A leader in the Queensland fishing sector, Kylie Dunstan talk about the importance of good decision making. Register here.
- Friday, March 18, 1-2pm AEDT – Dr Skye Charry will be presenting her staggering findings from Whispers from the Bush. Register here.
- Tuesday, March 22, 1-2pm AEDT – – Heather Brayford will discuss her experiences as a senior leader in fisheries in Western Australia. Register here.
- Friday, March 25, 1-2pm AEDT – Jo Marshall from SIA’s Stay Afloat program will have a conversation about workplace wellness and culture change in the Australian seafood industry. Register here.
- Tuesday, March 29, 1-2pm AEDT – Simoan Hayman talks to Claire Webber about the new generation in seafood, breaking norms, evolving, diversifying and working together. Register here.